PrestaShop 1.5.3 is now available for download from the official PrestaShop download page.
Boasting 400 improvements, the update is a bit of a milestone for the community as it is the first release since PrestaShop moved their codebase to Github. This means the PrestaShop community have been able to take a more active part in contributing to this version.
PrestaShop 1.5.3 new features
- Improved shopping cart functionality
- Price and stock improvements in back office.
- 1-click upgrade module updated to be much more stable.
- Customer login issues have been fixed.
- PrestaShop 1.5 mobile theme updated.
- Simplified URLs to enhance SEO.
- Cookie management improved.
- Redesigned 404 messages, and can now redirect customers to similar products instead.
- Several partner modules updated.
Upgrading to PrestaShop 1.5.3
The recommended method to upgrade your PrestaShop is to use PrestaShop's official 1-Click Upgrade Module.
PrestaShop's Bryan Shaw explains further in the official announcement:
"For existing merchants, the one-click upgrade module is by far easiest way to take full advantage of the new version. However, before upgrading in your Back Office, you’ll need to download the latest version of the auto upgrade module from the Addons store, install it and then follow the steps provided (Click here if you need help).
For new merchants, you can download PrestaShop v1.5.3 for free on our website. You may also want to take a look at our free user guide and peruse our Addons Store before getting started! If you’re having trouble, visit the PrestaShop forum in order to get the assistance you need from our growing Community of 350,000+ members."
PrestaShop 1.5.3 changelog
For the full details on everything that has changed, check the PrestaShop 1.5.3 changelog below: